Monday 8 September 2008

Helping or doing the job?

Couldnt stay quiet about it forever, how comes there are always people that think if they ask you nicely, you will do their job for them? Fair enough when the chips are down I am happy to help others to get work done on time. I would hope that most of my mates in work would do the same but in this case, I have been asked to do the work for a person who probably earns twice what I do. Not only that i also get little credit for the work that is done.

I would recommend the following in this case as it seems to work well for me.
  1. Make sure where possible that a team leader/manager is aware of the work you are doing.
  2. Keep a copy of all the work that you have produced locally as evidence.
  3. Put your name to all the work that is produced.  If this is changed and you feel strongly about it you can take issue with this based on the copy that you have.
  4. Get business agreement for the work you are doing. 

No comments: